FYLLO Tea Panna Cotta
Panna cotta is a fascinating variation on a traditional Italian dessert. It has the ideal amount of creaminess and richness and the matcha adds a very subtle, earthy taste. This dessert is excellent for impressing guests and is very easy to prepare. This simple dessert is sophisticated, yet requires no cooking technique.
This panna cotta has a rich, velvety texture and a flavour that is sweet yet perfectly balanced. We adore this recipe because it appears so elegant but is so easy to prepare. You can prepare it in advance of a special night or party and only require a very small number of basic ingredients. It is the ideal springtime treat and doesn't require baking. We also enjoy a tasty variation on a traditional meal!
Steps by Steps
- Gradually mix the Fyllo tea powder with 2 tbsp of milk in a small bowl until smooth.
- Pour the remaining milk into a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle over gelatine.
- Set aside for 5mins.
- Then place the bowl over a saucepan of hot water and continuously stir until gelatine dissolves.
- Remove and leave to cool.
- Mix the cream and sugar in another saucepan and heat over low heat until almost boiling.
- Remove and pour into a jug.
- Whisk in the Fyllo tea powder and then followed by the cooled gelatine solution. Whisk until they are mixed well.
- Pour the mixture into dariole moulds.
- Transfer them into the refrigerator and refrigerate for 2 hours or more till set.
- To check if they are set or not, they should wobble like jelly when you move and that the center shouldn’t look like there’s still liquid.
- To remove from the moulds, dip the bases briefly for about 5 secs in hot water.
- Then gently invert onto serving plates and give short sharp shakes to loosen them.
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 35g54%
- Saturated Fat 23g115%
- Sodium 61mg3%
- Total Carbohydrate 17g6%
- Sugars 17g
- Protein 2.6g6%
* Percent Daily Values are estimated. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your needs.
- Cooking time does not include the time required to chill in the refrigerator.
- Nutrition Facts are based on the estimated value provided by Carb Manager.